The first practice of the season is Monday, May 2nd, beginning promptly at 6:15 pm, rain or shine. Please plan to arrive early to allow for time to find the parking lot and accessing the track. Here are some other important instructions.
Directions and Parking for UNCA Karl Straus Track:
Please refer to the attached UNCA campus map.
- Take I-26 to Exit 25 (UNC Asheville/NC 251).
- If approaching from the North, turn left at traffic light at bottom of ramp.
- If approaching from the South, turn right at the traffic light at bottom of ramp.
- Proceed approximately 0.2 miles to first traffic light; turn left onto Campus Drive.
- Proceed approximately 0.5 miles to Parking Lot P6. This parking lot is the Delivery entrance for the Kimmel Arena.
- Once you enter Parking Lot P6, take a right and follow the driveway to Parking Lot P5.
- Enter the track using the ramp from Parking Lot P5.
Registration & Payment
Registration is open online. We will not have registration available at the track, however, we will have volunteers available to answer your registration questions. Please register by following this link to register your athletes for the 2016 Season. You will need to register for an account, then register your athletes.
Payments are available via credit card or debit card online. If you prefer, we will accept your CASH payment at the track. Please register your child online first. On the payment screen, click the box “User has not paid. Leave as an open balance.” Then bring your payment in full to the track. Please note that we will not accept personal checks at any time.
Payment plans are available through the registration site. If you wish to utilize an installment plan, please select this option during registration and provide a credit/debit card during check out.
If your athlete is new to our club, we will need a copy of your child’s birth certificate for the USATF age verification process. Please provide this to us BEFORE your child’s first practice. You can scan and email a digital copy to us at www.asheville.lightning.team@
gmail.com or bring 2 copies to the first practice that your athlete attends.
New requirement this year. We will need a copy of your child’s most recent physical or sports physical within the last year. We will accept any physical performed by a qualified medical doctor for any other reason (i.e. school physical, Boy/Girl scouts physical, annual physical, etc.). If your child has not had a physical within the last year, you may obtain a sports physical from either of the following facilities:
FastMed – $25 per athlete with coupon. Please follow this link: http://www.fastmed.com/
coupons/25-sports-physical? gclid=CjwKEAjw0pa5BRCLmoKIx_ HTh1wSJABk5F_ 4F4HxONLxNozWMFLh_ k2zr7Ft64UgcksNIcBvINgHwRoC_ zXw_wcB
Southeastern Sports – $35 per athlete through the walk-in clinic. Please call Southeastern Sports for additional information. (828) 274-4555
2016 Meet Schedule:
Please be aware of the following meet schedule before registering your athletes for a Competition membership. All competition athletes must attend the State/Association meet in order to progress to the Regional meet. If you are not sure of your availability to attend the State/Association meet, please register for the Non-Competition membership. We can upgrade your athlete(s) to a Competition membership anytime prior to June 10th.
- June 24-26 – State/Association Meet @ NC A&T University, Greensboro, NC (Please see attached tentative schedule)
- July 7-10 – Regional Championships @ Prince George Sports & Learning Complex, Landover, MD (Please see attached tentative schedule)
- July 25-31 – National Junior Olympic Championships @ Sacramento State University, Sacramento, CA
We are looking forward to this coming season. More information is available on our website www.ashevillelightning.org.
Remember… register your athletes today. https://leagues.