May 30, 2015
TIME: Beginning at 10:00 AM . The meet will begin promptly with the 5000 M Run. Running events will follow a rolling schedule. We will attempt to start field events on time. It is possible that field events may start a little earlier than scheduled, or later. Have athletes listen for calls.
CALLS: The announcer will make 1st, 2nd and 3rd calls.
USATF MEMBERSHIP CARD: Each athlete must also have a USATC. Without this card, they will not be allowed to compete. card. Application must be completed online at the USATF website (www.usatf.org/membership) before the meet.
ENTRY FEE: $5.00 meet entry fee per athlete. Make checks payable to Asheville Lightning.
MEET HOST: Asheville Lightning Junior Olympics Team. Any questions call Head Coach Bill Agrella (828-242-0404). Email Coach Agrella
SEEDING: All heats will be random seeded and run as finals.
AWARDS: USATF Ribbons to top 6 in each event.
RESULTS BOARDS: Results will be posted as soon as possible after event.
PARKING: Upper football parking lot, A.C. Reynolds High School
TRACK SURFACE: The A.C. Reynolds track is an 8-lane latex track. Only 1/4" pyramid spikes are allowed.
STAGING AND RACE CHECK-IN: Athletes should report to the staging area beginning with "First Call" and no later than "Third Call". At the proper time they will then be escorted to the appropriate starting line or venue for competition. Failure to report to the staging area on time could result in disqualification from the race being contested.
CONCESSIONS: Concessions will be available at the meet for spectators and athletes in the Asheville Lightning Food Tent.
QUESTIONS ABOUT USATF: Visit www.usatf.org
MEET NOTES: No Javelin except Mini-Javelin. No Hammer Throw, no Pole Vault
- Starting blocks, shot, discus and mini-javelins shall be provided.
- Athletes in the 15-16 and 17-18 divisions will be required to use starting blocks for all events up to and including the 400 M Dash and for the first leg in relays up to 4x400 Meters.
- All competitors must wear running shorts. Long pants will not be allowed.
- Athletes must report to the Staging Tent on time for their events.
- Athletes may use the field to the north of the tennis courts for warm ups.
- A starting gun will be used for the beginning of each race. Coaches are advised to familiarize their younger athletes with this so they will not be frightened by the sound of the gun.
- USATF jewelry rules will be in effect. Personal jewelry other than rings will not be allowed. Runners should remove necklaces, earrings, watches and plastic or metal hair pieces before competing. Head bands and hats are also prohibited during competition.